{1x1} bearkin and JustMallory

View previous topic View next topic Go down

{1x1} bearkin and JustMallory

Post  JustMallory on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:25 am

The only problem? Medicine cats can't
fall in love, and certainly not with the rival clan's
leader. Yet, one has. How long can it stay a secret?
JustMallory
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Re: {1x1} bearkin and JustMallory

Post  bearkin on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:25 am

bearkin
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

nightfeather

Post  JustMallory on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:55 pm

{nightfeather - tom - thirty-nine moons - medicine cat - riverclan}

personality;;
nightfeather is well-known as riverclan's young medicine cat. he excelled as a kit, showing great promise for the position. he's known for his patient, yet powerful deposition, as well as his intelligence. though young, he commands respect that few others get, with his quiet but thoughtful demeanor. he loves to socialize, and never has been one to follow the rules, and because of his position and the skill at which he does his job, it is often looked over. he is however, extremely loyal and defensive. nightfeather is the last cat anyone thought would betray his clan. how long can he keep his secret?

history;;
nightfeather's mother, brightflower, didn't die during his kitting, but she might as well have. brightflower had actually never wanted kits, and had only had nightfeather by accident. as soon as nightfeather was weaned off of her milk, she went back to the warriors den, not once visiting her kit. nightfeather thus grew up with a cold distance between himself and his mother, never getting to know the identity of his father either. while brightflower was never outright mean to nightfeather, she never really loved him, and treated himm with disdain. thus, nightfeather never grew close to anyone in his clan, and harbored some resentment towards his mother.
JustMallory
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  bearkin on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:39 am

ready to post. ^^
bearkin
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  JustMallory on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:40 am

♦ nightfeather ♦

Nightfeather flicked an ear absentmindedly as he continued on with his work, eyes narrowed with concentration. His black paws were coated in mud, clumps of dirt clinging to his long fur. He had gathered a nice pile horsetail, the tall plant now laying on its side a few paw steps from him. Riverclan wasn't in need of the herb, actually quite far from it. Nightfeather had such a large stock of horsetail that he didn't know what to do with it. Then again, because of the common battling that had been going on between Shadowclan and Riverclan lately, he doubted it would be long before the plant was used up.

His back beginning to ache, he glanced up from the marshy floor and his work, towards the shade of trees not a few fox-lengths from him. Shadowclan territory. Yes, horsetail grew abundantly on the border between Riverclan and Shadowclan's territory, the marsh the perfect spawning point for horsetail's deep roots. But horsetail wasn't the real reason Nightfeather had come. He had come for the chance to see a flash of a familiar brown pelt. Anything that could get him just a little closer to the cat he began to long for. Even if he had to spent hours with his paws in the murky ground, he came in the hopes of seeing Driftstar. Every step he took out near Shadowclan territory nearly killed him, knowing, but not accepting the real reason he kept coming. Here he was, standing leg deep in mud for the odd chance that Shadowclan's leader would happen to swing by.

With a heavy glance towards the strewn herbs at his feet, Nightfeather swallowed. He had spent as much time here as he could without drawing suspicion. He would have to go. He clumped the horsetail into his mouth, the bristles on the herb making it easy to keep them together, and cast one final glance towards Shadowclan territory. Just a moment more... He told himself. Who knows? Maybe she'll come by today?

{Hope this is alright for a first post c: }
JustMallory
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

post [one]

Post  bearkin on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:07 am

(it's perfect and heart-breaking at the same time.)
|DRIFTSTAR|
Nothing was the same anymore as it once had been, everything was different now. Driftstar huffed impatiently as her medicine cat Mossnose rambled on about the herbs she needed and what they looked like; the larger she-cat was beginning to regret asking to help her. No. she thought as her mind settled on a familiar tom, she was doing this for the slight chance of getting to see him again. The she-cat was unsure, she had never acted like this before and now she was practically breaking the rules for Nightfeather; but he made her feel so alive and she wanted to feel that way all the time. She couldn't help feeling like a hypocrite as she berated her clanmates over and over again on the rules of the 'warrior code'. Driftstar came back to reality as Mossnose stopped talking, instead she was staring at her as if she knew something or she was suspicious. "Are you okay?" the white she-cat asked her curiously, Driftstar laughed nervously. With her fur bushed out she quickly scrambled to her paws and left the camp, choosing to not answer Mossnose just in case she said too much. Driftstar cursed, she had almost gave her secret away and she couldn't afford for anyone to find out and think less of her and her clan; as leader of Shadowclan they already had a bad reputation.

Driftstar ripped into the murky grass beneath her paws angrily, she had been searching for Mossnose's herbs for quite some time and had only found half of what she needed. The she-cat hissed, she was the leader why had she volunteered to do this if she had just forgotten it. Driftstar grabbed the herbs in her muzzle and made her way deeper into the dark pine forest surrounding her, she reached the treeline and tasted the air. The scent of watermint and Riverclan filled her cavity and she stiffened; wait, Riverclan? Why would they be so close to her territory, would Splashstar really stoop so low to try and spy on her clan or maybe it was Nightfeather. Probably gathering herbs to take care of his sick clanmates, Driftstar felt her heart flutter at the chance of seeing him again and she had to stub the urge to run to the clan borders. Instead, she took her time gathering watermint and other herbs until she finally did reach the border of Riverclan and Shadowclan. The fluffy she-cat searched the area, at first seeing no black pelt against the green grasses until she finally saw him; he seemed to be looking for something. Driftstar repressed a purr at the sight of Nightfeather standing so close to the border that his paws were stained with mud. She dropped her herbs and crouched, slinking closer and closer to the tom until she was right in on top of him.

"Well, well, well; there seems to be lonely Riverclan tom on my borders. I wonder what he wants." she calls softly, a small smile appearing on her face while a purr rumbled in her chest.
bearkin
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  JustMallory on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:52 pm

♦ nightfeather ♦

The air was still. Nightfeather's heart sank as the seconds ticked by with no flash of the tabby pelt his eyes scanned for. After a final moments pause, the tom finally relented. Ear flicking back, he pulled his paw from the mud with a satisfying squelch. Just as his head began to turn, a soft voice resonated throughout the marsh. "Well, well, well; there seems to be lonely Riverclan tom on my borders. I wonder what he wants." A smile fluttered quickly to Nightfeather's lips, ears no longer pressed backwards in disappointment. Dropping the horsetail in his mouth hastily, he rumbled quietly in pleasure. "I'm only waiting for the thing I can't get off my mind." As he turns, he's slightly startled to find Driftstar so close. She's as skilled a warrior as I thought she was, if not better. That, he thought, or I really need to work on my own skills. A medicine cat I may be, but that doesn't allow me to slack.

Thoughts turning back to the she-cat in front of him, his pale eyes held onto her's. "Although, now that I'm here, I can't seem to remember what I kept thinking of..." He teased lightly, eyes narrowing playfully. "The horsetail perhaps?" Taking a step closer to Driftstar, his purring became audible from nearly a fox-length away. As he padded closer to her, he took in admiringly the minuscule amount of mud clinging to her fur. He certainly didn't have the proficiency she possessed to stay clean in the marsh. Heat blazed beneath his pelt, heart beating a bit faster with excitement. "But tell me... What could possibly impel Shadowclan's leader to visit the Riverclan border?"

{okay, great! i'm glad you liked it <3 }
JustMallory
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

post [two]

Post  bearkin on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:14 pm

|DRIFTSTAR|
Driftstar purred as the black tom turned his head to see her standing there. She felt her heart quicken as he dropped the horsetail and smiled, he still was strikingly handsome. She had forgotten since she last seen him, she was amused that he seemed disappointed when she had not turned up; it meant he honestly cared about her. The long-haired she-cat waited for him to speak and when he seemed startled to find her so close she purred louder, her fluffy tail lashing from side-to-side. His comment caught her off guard and she felt the tips of her ears grow hot, he had always been so forward and it still made her flustered. When he continued she scoffed, a michevious smile appearing on her muzzle; he was teasing her now? Well he would soon find out she could play coy as well. "Hmm...maybe, I admit the horsetail is much more interesting to look at. I too find myself drawing a blank when asking why I am here. " she replied teasingly.

The large, fluffy she-cat purred louder as the toms purring became more audible, she lashed her tail side to side as she watched him come closer. She could feel her heart beating faster as he got closer and she was glad her fur hid the blush that settled on her cheeks. At his question she looked away, surveying the area just in case someone was watching them. "What? Can I not leave my clan to look for herbs for my medicine cat?"she mewed softly as she leaned forward to push her muzzle against his and rub her body against his before pulling away once more, a sigh escaped her muzzle. She had missed this, just them together not worrying about the war between their clans; just two cats that had found love in the most unlikely of places.

"What about you? You were close to my borders as well, what were you doing there?" she questioned curiously, a smirk making its way onto her muzzle. They did this regularly both teasing each other until one of them gave in, Driftstar just wished that Nightfeather was in her clan and then she wouldn't feel so guilty every time she saw her clanmates faces. She was such a hypocrite always berating them about every single thing on the warrior code.
bearkin
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  JustMallory on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:31 pm

♦ nightfeather ♦

Nightfeather's eyes locked onto the mischievous glint in Driftstar's gaze, soaking in the warmth radiating from them. He had waited much to long to see her again. Even now, while in her presence, he wished to be closer. Even in the bliss of the moment, his shoulders sagged with pain. He would have to leave her once more, and he would have to keep it a secret. When the she-cat spoke again, his lips curled gently, his heart warming. She had no idea how beautiful she was. As if even the stars, much less horsetail, could compare to her.

"I would have thought a leader such as you would have more important tasks than to go collecting herbs." His voice was light and playful. He hadn't seen Driftstar for many sunrises, yet he fell into the same pattern with ease. It was that in which he loved. They fit together so easily, it was only natural. His playful banter finally slowed as Driftstar pressed her cheek against his. The warmth of her breath brushed across his face and he drew it in with welcome. As she pulled away, he blinked longingly, chest constricting without warning. Though he hadn't told her, and doubted he ever would, he could imagine her scent from a world away. It was soft, but bold. The closest thing he could match it with was the smell of lilies. It took his breath away, just as she did. "I came with the disguise of a medicine cat searching for herbs, with the intention of seeing a certain somebody." With a small smile he continued. "I wasn't disappointed."
JustMallory
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top