[ rєduх ] ✖✖✖ α вαṉḋ ɾølερlαÿ

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [ rєduх ] ✖✖✖ α вαṉḋ ɾølερlαÿ

Post  Clio on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:11 am

ALEX PRENTICE 
Passing Decade | Drummer | 19 | Tags: Frieda, Eleanor 

"How about no, no, no" Alex protested when the bubbly makeup artist latched onto his arm and practically dragged him over to one of the plush salon chairs that made him feel like he was in a barbershop or salon back home instead of a makeup trailer on the other side of the country. However unlike back home, he wasn't going to sit in that chair willingly. Alexander Prentice did not do makeup, he did not need makeup, and he never will. After all he was just a drummer hidden in the background, always outshone by the others, which the drummer didn't mind one bit. That meant there wasn't as much pressure on the nineteen year old, and it was supposed to mean he could on stage sans cosmetics. Not to mention nobody was going to care either way if his face wasn't perfect and flawless. He didn't have any bruises that needed to be hidden, nor was his face a dead ringer for Quasimodo, so what was the point of this torture? 

"I don't need any of that stuff! Nobody pays attention to my face anyhow, they are far more concerned with Luke's or Mason's. Heck I don't even think half of the fans could see the details of how I look from their seats in the first place." Alex said in a useless attempt to keep what he viewed as a wretched poison off of his skin. However Eleanor had already got him in the chair, and if Alex tried to bolt he knew Felix, the tour manager or the biggest a-hole ever in Alex's opinion, would never let him hear the end of it. He was already in enough trouble with the manager for openly expressing how much the drummer despised the man, and the last thing Alex needed was to give Mr. Stinger a legitimate reason to make the teen's life hell. If he hadn't done that already...

A grin though broke out on the drummer's face though when Frieda gave him the okay to use his drums before the concert. It had been quite a few days since he was able to actually sit down in front of them and do what he loved most, because they were packed away from the tour and there wasn't room for anything more than a practice pad on the tour bus. Which of course had been better than nothing, but still it wasn't the same. Alex missed his drum kit. Weird for anyone else, but hey it was the truth. "Awesome. Thanks Frieda." He said to the drum tech, although he didn't know if she heard him or not because she had walked out as soon as he opened his mouth. Oh well then, at least now they wouldn't have to smell her disgusting choice for feeling happy. "Please tell me you have a fan or air freshener somewhere in all that." Alex asked the makeup artist after a small fit of coughs that the drummer had managed to suppress while the source of the scent was in the room. He motioned to the many little bags of makeup off to the side when he asked about air freshener. Honestly he felt  bit sorry for Eleanor that she had to put up with the drum tech sauntering in here and making the whole trailer smell like his old highschool's gym locker room. At least hopefully she would be able to get rid of the smell before somebody thought that Eleanor was the one who was smoking before the concert. Which didn't even make sense to Alex in the first place, wouldn't Frieda want to keep her job to earn money for her addiction, and hence wait until after the concert to get higher than the Space Needle? Maybe all those drugs had permanently clouded the drum tech's brain. Hopefully her tuning skills were better than her judgement. 

"Alright seeing that I don't have a choice, could we hurry up and get this over with? There's a drum kit waiting with my name on it." Alex said impatiently as he drummed his fingers on the chair's arm in the beat of one of Passing Decade's more popular songs. The raven haired lad had never really grasped the concept of patience, especially when it came to his precious drum set that meant far more to him than anyone could really understand. That instrument was his entire life, his one true passion, and the only thing he was amazing with. Not to mention just by playing he got the same euphoric sensation that Frieda got with her drugs. So in a way if you kept rolling with drugs and drums being one and the same, Alex was addicting to playing, and these last few days of "withdrawals" have been hell. Especially with all the drama that had been dumped onto the nineteen year old's shoulders. 
Clio
Apprentice
Apprentice

http://secondhelping.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fool on the Hill on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:25 am

M a s o n
     W e l l s

| 19 years old | crush;; open | male | Position;; Frontman/Guitarist/Lead Singer | tags;; Ava, Ryder, Razzdess |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mason didn't really offer a response back to Ryder, other than a quiet hum that was nearly lost in the shouting from their fans. He nearly jumped out of his skin when Razzdess appeared, and frowned in confusion when she informed him that there was a soundcheck. He studied his phone for a moment, reading over the time and frowning. He had been so certain the soundcheck had been later, closer to the concert, or that the other bands would do soundcheck before, since they performed before Mock Soldier did.

With a sigh, he turned and bid farewell to the fans, promising to put on a hell of a show just for them, before he turned to leave. As an after-thought, he snagged Ava's shirt sleeve and tugged lightly, indicating wordlessly that she should follow. He had intention of literally dragging her to soundcheck with him, just because he felt like causing trouble.

He hadn't gotten to know anyone from Co-lapse yet, and he'd hardly spent time with Passing Decade either, but he might as well start, right? "Hi. I have soundcheck and you're joining us. Come along, sunshine. Say goodbye to your fans. I forgot your name, by the way." He didn't sound sheepish in the slightest as he began to tow Ava along, taking care not to drag her off her feet.

E l e a n o r
     N o v a k
| 22 years of age | crush;; open | female | Position;; Stylist | tags;; Frieda, Alex |

Eleanor continued to stare back at Frieda. She hadn't gotten to know the drum tech all that well, but she already got the feeling that she didn't like her all that much, and she was pretty certain that Frieda disliked her back. She shrugged it off, because she wasn't all that concerned about anyone's opinion of her.

Except for her band members. Alex's lack of enthusiasm, and downright protesting stung. When he tried to escape from her grasp, she let him go, and faced him, hurt flashing in her eyes. "That's fine, Alex. It's not important or anything. Mason's the only one that'll let me do it, and even he hates it. He's just being nice. It's fine. Just...ah, go do your drum thing. I guess Frieda can have your makeup since you won't need it, huh? It's fine."

When things didn't go Eleanor's way, she had a tendency to shut down completely, and that was just what she did. She closed up her makeup bags and began to pack them up, turning her back on Frieda and Alex so that neither could read her expression. She worked nimby to pack up. She just wanted to go find Hale. He wouldn't mind her hanging out, surely.
Fool on the Hill
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  乃レム乙乇 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:40 am

She was fine. The stairs...well, she just wasn't paying much attention. Yeah wait until you're in a solo and trip over cords. Won't that be fun? Shaking away the thoughts with a somewhat bitter expression, she began to make her way out. She had seen Eleanor previously for a few 'touch-ups', but she was dreading to go back...looking good for the show was good, but she had 'accidentally' wiped some of it off. She wore a long misfits shirt, and tight back jeans with simple, high, lace-up boots. She thought she looked ok; but it was all up to how she played. Not how she looked.

A slightly softer voice broke into her thoughts, and she turned cautiously. "Yeah--yeah, fine. Thanks." She had vaguely seen this girl, since Marcy had been sleeping for half the trip. The guitar tech right? "You're the guitar--" she  had to stop abruptly and listen to what she said. The poor girl almost seemed afraid? But Marcy's answer wasn't really sweet, either. "No." It was plain and bold, with a straight face. She had to see the fans, right? But then she couldn't hold it and let out a bark of laughter. "Course you can. I'm playing." And pushing off from the side of the chair, she slid past the bus doors and skipped down the retractable bus stairs quickly and was flat against the ground,  even though there were about three steps. "Coming?" She called in a sing-songy voice, feeling better as the cool air filtered through her.
乃レム乙乇
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  cadet feels on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:50 am

{ ava newton }
{ 20 years young }
{ bass guitarist/backup vocals }
{ co-lapse }
{ with mason }
{ crush - open }
{ tagged - mason, ryder }

Ava returned Ryders smile with one of her own, but hers turned out a little more smug then his. She did inherit her fathers confident smile after all - too bad her face bares that grin a little less then her family would like. If Ava had a dollar for every time her parents asked her to smile over the little things, she would be a millionaire - rocking it big with a mansion like no other. Maybe a few fancy bred cars just to have for show. Flashy. the only word that coursed through her mind as she continuously pictured this fantasy home, one she hoped to live in, but knows will never be in her reach.

The brunette tapped her sneakers against the concrete, her hazel eyes focused intently on the screaming fans. Some were calling out Mason and Ryders name as disappointed yells rang over the crowd, but the bassist wasn't sure why. Not until she actually took the time to pay attention to them. She flicked a piece of hair behind her ear and moved to fix the bracelet on her wrist, but stopped at the not-so-gentle tug on her sleeve. Confused and a little annoyed, Ava looked up to meet a pair of brown eyes staring directly into hers. It took Ava a bit to remember the tall males name, but it rolled around the inside of her mouth while she waited for him to speak.

He did - however, he started dragging the little brunette as he walked away from the fans. She turned to the fans for a moment and shrugged her shoulders, before allowing the lead singer to take her away. "Okay then" A small smirk curved the corner of her lips as the yelling died down a bit. "You're lucky im such a cooperative person." Ava commented, finally getting around to fixing the loose bracelet hanging from her wrist. "And seriously? Sunshine? C'mon, Im sure you can come up with a better name then that, Mason." His name rolled off her tongue with ease - almost as if it seemed natural to her, which it shouldn't be. She's never spoken to the man before this, but she happened to over hear others address him as Mason, so thats how she know's his name. too bad he doesn't know hers. Not yet.

"Its easy, really, but since I don't feel like playing any guessing games, I'll just tell you." She broke away from Mason's grip and shook away the invisible dust resting on her shoulders, the smirk on her pink lips never faltering. "Its Ava. Ava short for Avalon, but please - don't call me that. Ava's fine."
cadet feels
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirk Strider on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Idrian Ampora | Guitarist/backup vocals | 21 | tagged; Hale Novak
Idrian shrugged, wrapping their arms around themself. "Its not the lack of privacy I mind. Back stage is usually quiet at least." They said, wincing slightly as it came out harsher than intended. They watched the program run, smiling slightly. " That's amazing, it looks like you knew we would be on tour from the beginning" They complimented Hale. They bit their lip at his question, torn between keeping up the happy carefree face they used and admitting what was wrong. In the end they settled for a mixture of the two. "Just pre-tour jitters. I always get em" They said, shrugging. It was partially true. They often wandered before tours, unable to stay still.
Dirk Strider
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:38 pm

||♬Ryder West♬ || ||Age~ Twenty one|| ||Position~ Drummer || ||Tagged~ Mason, Ada, Razzdess ||  ||Feeling~ Happy, slightly embarrassed ||Location~ Outside||_________________________________________

Ryder was led inside by Razzdess, who was in charge of the going-on's of the electronics and such. It was surprising, how a normally quiet girl could be so assertive and controlling, in a good way. She apologized for raising her voice, an apology that Ryder just nodded at. It was necessary to control a bunch of musicians who didn't seem to fond of showing up for their necessary sounds checks. Besides, her version of "raising her voice" didn't exactly coincide with his. She wasn't at all loud, like the shouting matches he'd had with his own siblings. No, she just merely knew what she wanted, and how to operate things. Before he knew it, she was talking on and on about microphones, a subject that Ryder wasn't well-versed in. He played and occasionally sang, but he was never involved with the nitty-gritty technological and strategical standpoint. He merely would just walk up onstage, play, and walk back off. He never knew that there were so many deeper sides to touring and playing shows. If they didn't have their roadies, they would be screwed for every concert.

This isn't to say that Ryder was hopelessly confused and clueless on the subject. He had a basic understanding and knowledge of what Razzdess was talking about, and followed her along pretty well. The debate was what to do with his mic, as he agreed that a whole stand would be too clunky for all of the movement that went on behind his drum cage. If he moved his arms slightly too far right or left, he posed the risk of knocking it down with his arms. Now that would be embarrassing, and Ryder knew from experience. Luckily, he'd never done so during a big, professional show. It was just when he was inexperienced, playing somewhere like church or some school talent show. Although not too many people had witness his mistake, it was still a mortifying event that haunted his for quite a bit as a young teenager. It was not something he ever wanted to happen on tour, as he couldn't think of a more humiliating event.

"Err, I mean I do sing, just backup in a couple of songs. It's not too much, so you don't need to worry about it too much." He glanced down at the little device that she suggested putting inside of his bass drum, which he wasn't too fond of doing. From the looks of it, Frieda had surprisingly replaced all of his old heads with new ones, giving him a new, fresh sound fro the night. It was a marvel, how such a high person could properly assemble a drum. The boy sat down upon his drum seat and gave it a couple of fresh hits with his sticks; they sounded just how he wanted them to. He hated to admit it, but Frieda had done her job. His attention was turned back to Razzdess as he politely continued to listen to her. "I'm not sure, I think the head mike will probably be just fine. If we put that little battery inside of the drum, then I'd have to re-loosen the heads and put them back on, which can be a bit of a pain...," he trailed off, hoping he wouldn't sound rude or lazy. He chuckled at her small comment of the mike stands, something he'd been thinking of earlier. "Yeah, I hate 'em too. when I was younger, playing at little gigs where I had no idea what I was doing, I'd just knock 'em over with my arms. That's something I'd really like to avoid."

He smiled a bit, ruffling his hair with his hands. It was always a habit of his to mess with his hair, whether he was nervous, embarrassed, or just plain happy. He hated to see it so groomed and neat, which was an area he butted heads with Eleanor. At that thought, he remembered he hadn't swung by her van yet. Although he hated to have his hair fixed, there was something about the makeup she put on. He'd never admit it to the guys, who'd give him relentless teasing, but he didn't mind the makeup. In fact, he kinda liked it. The concealer evened out his uneven skin, which still had small scars from the marks of puberty and pimples. The eye-liner made him feel kinda cool, like some sort of punk kid from the 90's. No, he'd never let anyone know how he enjoyed it, but he'd still swing by Eleanor's just the same later.

"So yeah, I think just the headset would be fine," he decided, with a nod. "I mean, unless you think different. You're in charge, after all." He gave her a polite little nod, appreciative of her role. "Sorry about keeping you waiting, again. I hope you weren't waiting too long, I just completely forgot," he admitted, his eyes casting down a bit. It seemed like he was the only Mock Soldier member here, so far. Mason had gone off somewhere to round the others up, and he hadn't seen Marceline or Hollister all day.

||❈ Skylar Woods ❈ ||  ||Age~ 18|| ||Position~ Guitar tech ||Tagged~ Marceline|| ||Feeling~ Nervous|| ||Location~ In the buses||_________________________________________

The guitarist spun around cautiously, leaving Skylar blushing and staring at her feet again. She didn't know Marceline all that well, since both had been asleep the entire bus ride. However, Skyalr thought it would be best to be comfortable around each other, as Skylar would probably be tuning and checking on Marceline's guitars a lot during the tour. In order for things to work slowly, the shy guitar tech would need to get to know the other guitarists and lead singers that used them. Trust needed to be established between each member, so Skylar could adjust and put new strings on their guitars, without the owners getting worried or untrusting about her skills. To her relief, Marceline was alright after her small gaffe, which was nice to hear. She hadn't thought that Marceline had really injured herself, but it was always good to check, especially the night before a show. Just when Skylar was beginning to feel slightly more comfortable, Marceline's voice suddenly turned hard and cold. 'No.' That's what she said. Just a plain and simple no, with no explanation. the pale girl's face turned completely red in embarrassment, but she didn't take her eyes off the ground. "U-uhh, yeah, no problem," she stuttered, feeling completely stupid and mortified. Of course Marceline wouldn't want to be around Skylar; she was a rockstar, and Skylar was just the small, shy guitar tech.

Just when Skylar was about to disappear back to the side of the van, a bark of laughter came form Marceline. The shock was registered on Skylar's face; the other girl was just teasing her. Feeling silly, Skylar took her eyes off the ground and gave a small, embarrassed smile. "Yeah, sorry. Of course you were, I'm just being dumb," she said with a small air of embarrassed laughter. Well, at least she hadn't been outright rejected yet. Almost like some sort of elf, Marcy skipped out of the room, leaving Skylar standing behind. She felt hesitant, yet Marcy seemed okay with her accompanying the guitarist to the stage. It would be much better than walking alone. "Yeah, coming," she mumbled, quickly turning behind her and picking up the black guitar that she'd been tuning on the couch. It was nearly tuned, but Skylar could finish onstage. Slowly and carefully, she stepped down form the van, teetering slightly as she struggled to hold the guitar on her light frame. It wasn't too heavy, but for such a small girl, it was somewhat difficult. However, she wouldn't ask for help in the slightest; she could carry it.

The air was nice and cool, blowing through the girl's hair. Skylar's light blonde hair danced in the wind, becoming ruffled and unkempt. There was nothing she could do about it now, though. She began picking up her feet and walking in the direction of the stage, trying to desperately think of something to talk about with Marcy.

☮ Frieda Knight ☮ || ||Age~ 20||   ||Position~ Drum tech|| Tagged~ Eleanor, Alex ||Feeling~ High, happy, yet ticked off|| ||Location~ Makeup room, stage     ||_________________________________________

Will post for her later
Atlas
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  OldSouledHippie on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:17 pm

{ Carolina May Sambora } { 19 } { Single } { Band: Passing Decade } { Position: Lead guitarist/backup vocalist }

Carolina nodded her head to the beat of the song that was blasting through her earphones. If you looked, she had anything from Elvis Presley to Frank Sinatra to The Beatles to Aerosmith to Night Ranger and it could've gone on for miles. Her favorite guitarist, besides her dad, had to be either Joe Perry or George Harrison. She liked George's laid-back, not so fast but not simple solos and Perry's fast, sloppy ones that sounded extremely pleasing to the ear.

She was pretty much entertaining the people on the bus when they were traveling. Her outgoing personality took over and she just made jokes the entire time and told funny stories. Behind that, though, was the loneliness. She didn't really feel like anybody wanted to talk to her, but she just kept talking and joking. Truly her father's kid.

Her mind snapped from one thing to the next as she continued on, just walking around and enjoying the sights, though there wasn't much to see. Fans pulled her aside and asked for her autograph and picture. She took the picture with them, smiling and putting up a peace sign.

"You should post that on our webpage."

The fans excitedly nodded and ran off, squealing at the opportunity they just had. She smiled and shook her head. She didn't mind the fans. If it weren't for them, they wouldn't be here. That's what she had always been taught by her father, mother, "uncles", and "aunts". It was something she always kept in the back of her mind and never groaned or complained when fans asked for stuff like that.

She couldn't wait for Passing Decade to be called to the stage for sound check. Like her father, she was addicted to playing. She had to have a guitar in her hands at all times. The guitar she usually used for the first concert of the year was her father's Sambora Kramer that included three humbuckers, a pointy drooped headstick, gold hardware, star-shaped fingerboard inlays and a Floyd Rose Original locking tremolo. The guitar had been custom made for her father by the Kramer company. It had stopped production in 1989 and she had one of the few. It had been reissued by MusicYo and renamed "Jersey Star" instead of carrying her family's name.
OldSouledHippie
Training Target
Training Target

Location : Livin' on a Prayer in Australiaaa. No. Not really. In the US.

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldie on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Razzdess Rixx. Sound Technician. 24. Single.

"It's fine." Razz mumbled to Ryder in response to his apology. She was starting to shorten her responses and soon they would be small nods and pointing. She had one hand at her chin while she pondered what mic to put on Ryder, her pointer finger gently tapping her lips in thought. She finally decided just to put a head mic on an turned to look at Ryder, eyes looking at his torso thoughtfully. "Medium mic belt." She quietly murmured to herself with an affirmative nod before she grabbed a loop of fabric that was about as wide as her palm that looked like a large piece of elastic with a pocket on the back and Velcro at both ends. She pulled a clipboard closer to her and scribbled down in neat cursive writing:
Medium Mic. Belt 1: Ryder West.
Head Set Mic. 1: Ryder West.
She undid the Velcro ends to make the loop just a long line. "Lift up your shirt please." Razz politely said, her Georgian accent twanging a bit.
Goldie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  乃レム乙乇 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:22 am

Marceline O'Malley
Female || 20 || Mock Soldier || Guitarist/backup singer

Some part of her felt it was wrong to bring her sarcastic and dry humor along with her peers, but they should be getting used to it. Teasing and playing, she tried to tone it down but that never worked. She began making her long strides across the lawn, but then the bus teetered, and she turned around to hear a slight grumble. Turning, she eyed the small guitar tech curiously. "Hey. Need help?" She asked quickly. Skylar seemed she could handle it, but she wasn't just going to stand there, like a snobby ass.

A loud, high-pitched scream caught her attention, and she cast a glance over her shoulder. The fans had crowded at the gate, and they all kept staring and talking, blabbering too fast for her to understand. She didn't want to seem like she was mute, or ignoring, so she turned and vaguely gave a wave and the slightest smile formed on her lips. That was one good part; she got to say hello, and at least be noticed...even though she was a bit awry in the spotlight. Never shy, just a bit befuddled. And she would be quite a bit tonight. Lights in her eyes, blood roaring in her ears, and the crowd cheering. She had never truly experienced it, but thought about it--imagined it. It was silly, but she had been waiting.

Stepping towards Skylar after a few moments of no answer, she wrapped one arm around the neck of the guitar, and the other coming around to go under and leaning against her body. "Yeah, so, I'll take it. Just don't worry 'bout it kid." Skylar might have been a year or two  younger than her, but she had nicknamed anyone who she came across. "Shorty", "sweets", "pup", "kid", all sorts of nicknames. Some were a bit too crude, but Marcy wouldn't think about them.
乃レム乙乇
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Clio on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:13 am

ALEX PRENTICE 
Passing Decade | Drummer | 19 | Tags: Frieda, Eleanor 

As Eleanor turned her back when she let go of Alex's arm, he could feel a small pit form in his stomach. For the record, Alex did not want to hurt Eleanor’s feelings. He just didn't want his face caked with Makeup, however it judging by the way her voice cracked as she told Alex that he could leave, and it didn't miss the hurt expression that the Makeup artist was trying to hide and it made Alex feel awful inside. The drummer had been an absolute jerk and hadn't even realized it. Which in turn made him feel even worse about upsetting Eleanor. The makeup trailer now had a stormy atmosphere just because the Passing Decade member and stoned roadie had invaded her sanctuary.

"Eleanor," Alex said with his own expression revealing how he too had been hurt by making her upset, "It's just that I'm a guy, we aren't exactly the most willing of subjects when it comes to makeup. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, and I'm being honest here." Yes he realized it was a sucky apology, but at least it was something instead of him turning his back and walking out the trailer door, succeeding in his goal of leaving without his face caked in chemicals, but the cost may have left Alex regarded as a jerk.. He also didn't doubt that he would feel like a jerk as well. He had to somehow prove that he was sincere in his apology and right now there was only one thing that he could think of doing at the moment given the fact he was thinking off the top of his head.

So instead of opening his big, fat mouth again, Alex walked over to the salon chair, and sat down in it while saying "Hey I'm really sorry, and to make it up why don't you use my face to see what this stuff looks like on somebody's face." The drummer said as he motioned to the little bottles and containers of makeup that the brunette was trying to shove into little bags and put away.  Alex couldn't even identify half of any the little tubes and compacts were full off, he just knew that it was all probably going to be on his face in a few short minutes. To seal the deal and hopefully get Eleanor out of her current mood Alex added, "Heck I'll even leave it on for the concert if you want me to." He eyed her tools of her trade and Alex knew that he was so going to regret this later. 

{{Sorry it's crud, Writer's Block launched an ambush on me tonight.}}

Last edited by Clio on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clio
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:14 am

||♬Ryder West♬ || ||Age~ Twenty one|| ||Position~ Drummer || ||Tagged~Razzdess ||  ||Feeling~ Calm, rational ||Location~ Stadium||_________________________________________

Her response was short, as she seemed to go off into her own world of technology and microphones. That was fine with Ryder, though; it wasn't as if they were good friends. He politely stayed seated upon his drum seat as she started to puzzle and ponder over what to do. Normally, Ryder would pipe up and offer a suggestion, but he didn't want to break her chain of thought. besides, she was the real expert with sound, not him. He was just the guy that could bang shit around pretty well. After several moments of silence, Razzdess broke it with one simple word. Her eyes fell on his torso as she found the place for the troublesome mike. He had had mikes on his torso in the past, and it was no different now. He liked this solution, as it was simple and unobtrusive; he could make any movements he wished without having to worry about the mike flying out into the crowd or getting knocked over. She quickly undid all of the velcro, and politely asked for him to take his shirt off.

"Yeah, sure," he said, as he causally pulled off the tee shirt that he'd been wearing. Underneath, he revealed a pack of well-toned abs, therefore a physically fit body. There was nothing awkward about it, or so he felt. He'd done this many times for situations like this, and it wasn't any different now. He didn't expect for Razzdess to get all blushy, as she wasn't that kind of person. He stood up from his seat, so she could get the velcro strap on him with ease, and allow him to put his shirt on faster. If any of the fans somehow caught a glimpse of him half-naked, they would go wild. "You need me to do anything else?" the young man asked politely, hoping he could be of help. That was one good thing about Ryder; even though he'd achieved rockstar status, he was still humble and down-to-earth.

||❈ Skylar Woods ❈ ||  ||Age~ 18|| ||Position~ Guitar tech ||Tagged~ Marceline|| ||Feeling~ Nervous|| ||Location~ Outside||_________________________________________

As they continued to walk, Skylar's ears were soon greeted by the shrieks of fans. Instinctively shying away, she avoided eye-contact with the excited and jumpy fans, and tried her best to get out of Marcy's spotlight in such a situation as quickly as possible. She didn't want the fans noticing herself, a small, awkward guitar tech that didn't even seem capable of carrying her own guitar. Marceline even offered to carry it, leaving Skylar hesitant and silent as she considered the prospect. This was her job, and she needed to keep up with it. Marceline didnt need t be carrying her stuff; she was the rockstar, after all, and it was Skylar's job to make sure that Marceline's job went as smoothly as possible. On the other hand, she was struggling somewhat to keep it in her grip, and her muscles were tightening painfully as she did so.

The screams of the fans drew her attention momentarily as she searched their faces. Not too long ago, she was one of them -- just a fan. Although she'd never been to a real concert before, she used to always watch Mock Soldier's and Passing Decade's concert videos from the comforts of her own bed. Now, in a only a few short months, she'd gone from a loving fan to a devoted roadie. It was amazing, really, how far life had taken her. Fans screamed and waved frantically at Marceline, who offered her own cool wave in response. It was in this moment that Skylar wished that she could be someone like Marcy, cool and revered by everyone. However, Skylar knew that would never happen, as she could barely play scales in front of others without becoming embarrassed.

Before she could protest, she felt Marceline's hand around her body and the other gently steering the guitar away. "Y-you don't need to do that," she stuttered, but before she could even protest, Marceline had taken the not-so-heavy object off of her shoulders, feeling like a ton of weights being dropped off. She blushed, feeling so weak. "Thanks Marceline...," she murmured, thankful, yet embarrassed as always. She'd even been called 'kid,' a nickname that sounded friendly, and not condescending. Skylar was only two years younger than Marceline, but to others she may as well have been five years younger. The tiny frame and light-weight her body had often lead her to being mistaken for younger than she actually was. "If you want me to take it back, don't hesitate to tell me," Skylar continued as they made their way to the stadium. "Oh, I tuned it, just so you know. You might wanna check it out though, I might have messed up," Skylar continued, feeling under-confident in her abilities even though she'd tuned it exactly, with no variances in the pitches. The girl turned away and let out a quiet cough, feeling her lungs tighten up a  bit, and then relax, after the physical strain of the guitars. A look of brief anxiety crossed her face, but she was quickly able to conceal it. She was worried about her asthma acting up on the first night, but she knew that she would most likely be able to keep it under control.

☮ Frieda Knight ☮ || ||Age~ 20||   ||Position~ Drum tech|| Tagged~ Carolina ||Feeling~ High, bored, curious|| ||Location~ Outside    ||_________________________________________

Frieda stood within the stadium, calmly observing the soundcheck, and its lack of members. So far, only Ryder had showed up, now shirtless as Razzdess applied a microphone to his torso. A smirk was earned form Frida, accompanied by a small giggle. Everything was just so fucking funny when she was high, and inexplicable, her brain thought that Ryder standing half-naked was hilarious. No one seemed to notice or need her at the moment; upon sitting down, Ryder looked pretty satisfied wit his drums. With that, the stone girl wandered out from the room, her brain awake and ecstatic. She wandered up and down the hallways, her attention drawn to small thing,s such as a variance in the stone bricks on the wall, or a small glass shard that pierced and separated the beams of light into thousands of different colors. Being high really gave her an alternate perspective of the world, and how she saw things.

Frieda drifted into her "room" on the bus momentarily, to apply more girly stuff to her visage. Since Eleanor hadn't wanted to let her borrow eye-liner. Frieda had resolved to suing her own. With careful precision surprising for someone floating so high, she applied the eye-liner with a steady and and confidence. The penciled he top in a dark black, letting the dark lien curl a bit off to the side. She did this to her other top eye-lid, and then made her way don to her lower lid. Here, she only did half a line, starting from the outside of the eye and stopping in the middle. After applying more makeup, she brought a brush through her hair, determined to squelch and tangle that threatened the whole system. Throughout this process, she talked randomly to herself, not at all concerned if the others would find this weird. So far, she didn't give a fuck about anyone, and at this rate, it might stay that way.

before leaving, she applied some fruity perfume, in an attempt to mask the marijuana reeking from her clothes. This masked the scent somewhat, and a person wouldn't be able to detect the illegal substance to their noses unless they came close. However, her bloodshot eyes, dreamy look, and frequent giggle were more than enough to point out how high she was. After she'd finished primping up, Frieda strode out of the van, her previous anger drowned and suppressed under this mind-altering drug. On her aimless walk around the parking lot, Frieda heard the chorus of screams. They always announced a famous person's presence, and Frieda knew it must be a band member. True enough, Ms. Carolina from Passing Decade had shown up, waltzing right up to her fans. They took pictures, leaving the fans squealing and spazzing. Once they were satisfied, they soon left the area, excitedly chattering about the stroke of luck that had just occurred. After they'd cleared the area, Frieda felt her drifting feet carrying herself over to Carolina.

This other young girl was already related to fame, as her father had been in one of the older, popular bands. It seemed his daughter was here to carry on the tradition, and with any luck she'd be as good as her father. Frieda assumed that Carolina grew up in a cushy life, with two loving parents, money, and tons of famous people. The very thought made her lip curl, but she knew not to say anything. It already seemed as if she and Eleanor had sparks flying at each other; why add another person onto the list of people that disliked her? She'd be friendly with this guitarist, and gauge from their interaction if the niceties were to be pursued. "Hey Caroline," she said with a wide, dreamy smile. "Fans caught you? You must have made their fucking day," she continued to babble, innocently for now.

Hopefully Carolina wouldn't smell the faint aroma of pot on Frieda's clothes, but her mannerisms probably gave away her current mental state. "You ready for tonight?" Her eyes fell upon Carolina's phone, and tact never being her friend, Frieda asked,"What's playing?" Frieda's taste in music was varied, but she had a deep affection for any classic rock bands, like The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac (especially Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac, that woman was a goddess and Frieda's role model), and Led Zeppelin. There were so many great bands, and Frieda wished she could listen to all of them while her brain was soaring in the chemicals.
Atlas
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldie on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Razzdess Rixx. Sound Technician. 20. Single

Razzdess swiftly wrapped the mic belt holding the small black box containing the microphone's on/off switc and the batteries giving life to the mic around Ryder's torso, her hands skilled at performing the simple task. She ran the skin toned wire between his shoulder blades and up so that the thin headpiece sat over his right ear. She pulled a small roll of seemingly clear tape from her pocket and tore off a small piece, using it to stick the wire ending in the microphone to Ryder's right cheek. She stood back and looked, deciding that the wire would be well enough hidden. She registered that he had asked her a question and, after switching the small microphone on, she nodded and said "Speak."
Goldie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  OldSouledHippie on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:53 pm

{ Carolina May Sambora } { 19 } { Single } { Band: Passing Decade } { Position: Lead guitarist/backup vocalist }

Carolina gave a smile to Frieda. Frieda reminded her of most of the girls back in the 70s her dad and mom told her about. Always high as a kite. At the mention of the fans, Carolina smiled a little more, if at all possible. She was always set on making them happy instead of herself. She just shrugged off what Frieda had said about her making their day. It was honestly the other way around. She took in Frieda's look. Her makeup was exceptionally done, but she was definitely high as a kite. Did that really surprise the young guitarist? Not at all.

"I guess I did."

She almost laughed at Frieda questioning if she was ready. She was ready even when she wasn't on tour. She lived for live performances. It was intoxicating in a way to her because she got so caught up in the music that almost everything disappeared. It was something that she had caught on from both of her parents and their band mates.

"Am I ready? The question is, when am I not?"

Her attention was directed to the phone in her hand when Frieda asked about what was playing. She took her earphones out for a second to talk to the girl. She didn't talk much to Frieda, but she knew they had at least one thing in common.

"Sister Christian by Night Ranger."

What she found intriguing about the song was the fact that the drummer, Kelly Keagy, had sung the lead vocals on the song. It was rare to find drummers who could sing. Maybe Ringo Starr and her dad's drummer, Tico Torres, but that was all she could name at the top of her head besides Kelly.
OldSouledHippie
Training Target
Training Target

Back to top Go down

Post  the dreamer; on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:30 am

----------
   Lilith had gotten up early and left the god damn bus. She hated it in there and did everything in her power to avoid it at all cost; this included waking up early. Lilith had gotten up and got dressed before she escaped outside. She had worn a simple outfit: black ripped jeans, black converse, one of her band tees, and a red flannel. Lilith's style was pretty simple, but it was her look. She walked outside and realized it was still early and she had nothing to do. She looked around to find someone to talk to but everyone seemed busy. Bored out of her mind, she roamed the set in search for something to do.
   For a while, she roamed still finding nothing that caught her attention. But then she heard screams. Interested, she followed the sound to find crazed fans trying to charge the wall that blocked them. She grinned at them, and they went crazy. Lilith was actually surprised they recognized her. She was a drummer, she wasn't a lead singer or a awesome guitarist. No. She sat in the back of the stage and banged things with sticks. Awesomely, she added mentally, but it was still the same. Yet, these fans tried so hard to reach out to touch her and screamed for her attention. She saw her bands logos plastered on shirts along with the other bands and smiled. Just a month ago she had been playing in her garage for no one to hear. Now, while now she was on tour.
   Lilith took a seat on the black asphalt and watched them for a while. They never stopped screaming and never stopped trying to get her attention. She figured they would do anything to catch the attention of any band member from any band, but they kept her entertained. Whenever she did something they simply screamed louder; it was never ending. At one point she even took out her drumsticks from her back pocket and played a beat on the ground. They went crazy. After that, she stood up and swirled her drumsticks in her hand before she turned around and left. The screaming was getting to her and she feared she would soon go deaf. So she walked, still twirling her drum sticks, as she wandered the set some more looking for something to do.
   Of course, Lilith didn't go bored for long. She had started to play a game that every child played at one point in their life; don't touch the lava. Yes, Lilith pretended that the black asphalt was lava and she needed to walk on the other colored paint to avoid from dying. So she hopped around like a kid, trying not to touch the black ground. Lilith was pro, and she was doing good, till she found herself at a dead end. She was standing in front of a door and there was no where else to go, so naturally, she went inside.
   When she stepped in, it reeked of marijuana. She scrunched her nose and looked up to see who was in here. It was Eleanor and Alex. She recognized both of them but she had never really talked to either of them. "You guys do drugs?" she asked as she looked to the ground trying to continue her game. It was a black and white checkered floor and she stepped onto a white square, entering the room. "I mean, I'm not judging of course" she said as she danced along not touching a black square, "But I mean you guys don't seem like druggies" she said as she reached a chair and sat down. She then looked up at them and smiled. "But I mean if you are then I mean, who am I to judge" she said and shrugged. Lilith herself wasn't a fan of drugs. It just never appealed to her. Of course, people have offered her some, but she always refused. Not because she needed to focus on a grade or anything, or because of her 'image'. It just never seemed interesting. And it smelt gross. But she did like to watch people when they were high. They would talk funny and it amused her. But she herself never took them. She was one of the few teens that promised to never take drugs, and never did.
the dreamer;
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Fool on the Hill on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:58 am

M a s o n
     W e l l s

| 19 years old | crush;; open | male | Position;; Frontman/Guitarist/Lead Singer | tags;; Ava |

There was a slight grimace that crossed Mason's face when Ava protested against his nickname. However, when she told him what her name was, annoyance and confusion that'd been visible in his eyes cleared as he remembered. "Dammit! I knew your name started with an A! Fuck. Okay. I knew your name but I just couldn't remember it at this present moment. Sorry."

In the accident two years ago, he'd suffered some pretty serious head injuries and was still messed up from that. His attention span had always been a touch poor, but he had a tendency to space out more often, and occasionally had memory lapses. The memory lapses scared Mason most, and the fear was justified. During a few practices, he'd forgotten guitar chords or lyrics. During concerts, he could get away with forgetting lyrics, because the fans would be singing along anyway, but guitar chords were a different story.

He finally released Ava's sleeve, but continued to lead the way toward the area where soundcheck would be held. "So, any drama starting with your band already? We've got the whole #Hex thing trending on Twitter, because Hollister from my band is dating Alex from Passing Decade. Like, we, as a band, just found this out because of an interview the other day." He was trying to make small talk without it being the cliches of weather and news.

He finally reached the stage area and absently picked his own guitar up, fingers running over the frets lightly. His guitar was covered in sharpie, intricate patterns and lines of black and white, though this particular guitar that he was holding right now also featured a splash of color in the form of a rainbow, perhaps in reference to his love of Pink Floyd. His attention remained on Ava for the time being, while he waited for Hollister and Marceline to show up.

H a l e
     N o v a k
| 27 years of age | crush;; open | male | Position;; Pyrotechnician | tags;; Idrian |

Hale was pretty patient as he listened to what Idrian said, and he looked almost bashful when they praised his work. He scratched the back of his head, ducking slightly and not meeting their gaze for a moment. "Ahh, thanks. It's kind of rushed, but I expect to improve in the next few shows. Really, this'll be for all three bands, kind of changing as I see what works best." He eventually responded back.

He let out a quiet hum in response to their admittance of pre-show jitters. "I don't suppose I can blame you for being nervous in the slightest. I have trouble speaking in front of just small groups. You're in front of...what, how many fans? That's damn impressive. You are a hell of a lot more brave than I am." Hale wasn't afraid to admit that much. He had a feeling that Idrian wasn't totally letting on what was bothering them, but he wouldn't press. If they didn't feel like sharing, then so be it.

He stretched his legs out before straightening in his street. "Is the catering table finally up? I haven't eaten since like...eight this morning, and I can't concentrate on an empty stomach." As if to emphasize his point, his stomach rumbled loudly, and he grimaced, an apology flashing across his face.

E l e a n o r
     N o v a k
| 22 years of age | crush;; open | female | Position;; Stylist | tags;; Alex, Lilith |

Eleanor faced away from Alex a moment longer before whirling around to face him. For a long moment, her expression remained unreadable, before a smile curved up the corner of her lips. "You're an idiot. I can't stay mad at you." She tried to pout, but failed. Alex's pleading had been rather amusing and had turned her mood around just as quickly as it'd turned dismal.

"Look, you clearly don't like makeup, so I'm not going to force it on to you. It's fine. I've still got Mason to be my test dummy. And just dummy in general. And I'm pretty damn sure that the first time Hale falls asleep in the front bus lounge, or backstage, I can do something mighty devastating to his face, too. It's fine, Alex." Now that Eleanor was in a better mood again, she looked downright mischievous. She'd heard the rule that, if anyone fell asleep in the front lounge, they were fair game to any and all pranks, so long as they were non-harmful. Bunks were safety zones and strictly off-limits to pranks of any sort.

When Lilith wandered into the makeup zone and immediately commented on the stench still lingering, she scowled. "No, that was Frieda. She wasn't even smoking in here. It's just that bad and heavy that it lingered. Ugh. It'll be hours before the scent is completely gone. I don't need to do drugs to have fun. And, anyway, I've seen how it can mess someone up." She wouldn't mention that Hale had had drug problems in the past. He'd never been arrested for drug possession, thankfully, and, eventually, had gone to rehab. He was six years clean, something Eleanor occasionally proudly reminded her brother about.
Fool on the Hill
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  乃レム乙乇 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:21 am

Marceline O'Malley
Female || 20 || Mock Soldier || Guitarist/backup singer

Marceline clicked her tongue in response. "Shite, I can hold a guitar and strum while runnin' on a stage for an hour--I think I can handle a walk across the yard, eh?" Her accent popped out a bit more when her English grew unruly and the Irish accent took over, but she controlled it well. Casting a glance over her shoulder, craning her neck, she cocked an eyebrow with a grin. Adjusting the grip around the guitar, she focused ahead and strode across the lawn with ease, and towards the building. Making the gate, and passing a few hands that grazed across her side. As if to 'play along', she lifted the guitar and pointed the neck up, sliding it against her frame and scrunching her face with a grin, letting out an inaudible note. Running her fingers across the strings lazily, she bent down in the position, bending her legs and crouching.

After some time of posing, she needed to go--it was just the sense that it was time to get up and practice a bit. Trotting across, and towards the building, she leapt up the stairs. Wrapping her arm around the guitar, she fondled with the handle and opened the door, holding it open with her foot--without waiting for Skylar (at this point she might have forgotten about her), and walked into the stage, where Mason and...Eve? Ava? Ava, yes. "Yo," she called, striding over and setting the guitar down, huffing. Arching her back after setting it down, she popped the slight kinks out, letting a rumble. "Sorry about being...'late'. Ya kno, the usual." Usual being sleeping in too late and eating slowly and doing nothing. Her panicked feelings about the show probably made her forget about it.

She adjusted her sleeveless misfits shirt, and waited quietly, and patiently, for an answer or order. She knew what to do as setting up, but he might have wanted something else.
乃レム乙乇
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Clio on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:33 am

ALEX PRENTICE 
Passing Decade | Drummer | 19 | Tags: Eleanor, Lilith 

For those few moments Eleanor was faced away from him, the drummer believed that he had only succeeded in making her even more pissed off. However after what seemed to be an eternity to Alex, but mere seconds to everyone else, he saw the makeup artist's scowl turn into a smile and Alex breathed a sigh of relief. In his short life he had already dealt with his fair share of angry women, ranging from his own mother when he bombed a math test, or a lover when some rumor reached their ears, and from that he had learned once critical lesson. Never under any circumstances give a woman an excuse to turn her nails into claws, or her shoes into ninja stars. Alexander would be incredibly lucky, and extremely grateful, to see the next dawn if that were to happen.
He let out a nervous laugh when Eleanor called him an idiot. Now granted the raven haired lad may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer when it came math problems or the definitions of certain words, but he had everyone beat when it came to remember useless factoids or even just the stops on the redux tour. His brain worked funny that way, so in a sense Eleanor was wrong for calling him a fool, yet at the same time she was right. Just another thing that made Alex's life as confusing and difficult as possible. "You sound so much like Holly." He said with an eyeroll and joking tone as Eleanor's mood turned from sour to nice.
Now there was something funny about Alex's eyeroll, though it wasn't haha funny, it was more of that's strange kind of funny. Now if you looked closely and knew Alex well, like any of his Passing Decade members, you would be able to tell that this tiny action was forced. That's right, Passing Decade's resident prankster, the one member who could be counted on to bring a smile onto the most morose of faces was forcing himself to react in an amusing way over something that normally should have just come naturally to anyone. Especially since Alex was talking about his current girlfriend. Except there was one tiny problem. Hollister and Alex weren't really dating. #Hex was not real in fact it was just a publicity stunt to get the bands in magazines and in gossip columns.
Now only three people knew of this truth, Alexander and Hollister were two of course, but the third was the puppetmaster behind this cruel plot. Now that man was Felix Stinger, the tour manager and the same dude who signed everyone's checks. That bastard had pulled the idea from his own touring days when he too was forced to pretend he loved someone with all his heart and soul, heck he even revealed to Alex that the same girl had ended up being his first wife for Christ's sake. Of course both musicians hated his guts because of it, but what choice did they have, but to play along? They were both blackmailed into it, and besides before Felix had even sat them down a few hours before their interview to drop the bombshell on them, #Hex had been trending. So if they went behind their manager's back and revealed the truth, everyone would suffer. No one would believe anything that Felix Stinger came up with, the concert attendance would drop, and in the end both Mock Soldier and Passing Decade would be dropped from the label to cover up the deceit. However if the two of them played their cards right, they could reap in huge rewards. So for now Alex and Hollister weren't single pringles. At least they had managed to convince the manager to call it off after the American leg of the tour was over and they would get to spill the beans to one person of their choice. At least that made this whole thing bearable, especially whenever Felix would demand more photos of the two of them or send them out on a "date." God he hated it when Felix did that, so far they had been on one major one and a few minor ones already and they had been awkward for the both of them. At least the two of them were decent actors, now that was a small blessing amid all this chaos that came with suddenly being an "it" couple. 
Just thinking about what was now expected from him on this tour beyond the whole smash the drumheads was enough to make Alex's heart race and small beads of sweat formed on his forehead from all the stress that was building because of this Hex deal. In an attempt to calm himself down, with one hand he clenched the makeup chair's arm and the other flew up to his necklace and his thumb and forefinger rubbed the dog tag on it. It was strangely therapeutic for the nineteen year old. Maybe it was because it included the two most important things his life, his family and the band. Or perhaps it was just the fact it gave him something to focus on, Who knew? However it worked and by the time Eleanor was finished speaking he didn't look so stressed, but inside he was still freaking out. "Yeah you can say that again. Just let me know when you attack, I need to get a few pranks in before the tours done." He said in response to her statement, now normally he would have thrown in a witty comment or something like that, but then again his mind was lightyears away fretting over things that he should have control over, and yet he didn't.
When he heard the trailer door swing open, Alex's head swiveled to see to come in and when he saw who it was he was instantly glad that Eleanor didn't take him up on that offer. After all that would have been mighty awkward for the drummer of a band he used to listen to constantly see eyeliner and lipstick being plastered onto his face. Yes Alex did listen to Co-Lapse before the idea of creating a band was conceived between the four friends. Now he wasn't obsessed with them or anything, but at least it was nice to know that if Lilith was ever sick there was someone who could sub for her on a moments notice. Not to mention he did get a starstruck like feeling being in the same room as someone he used to listen to when he was still learning how to properly play the drums himself. He was trying to come up with something to say without sounding like a fangirl or something similar to that, but of course Lilith beat him to it when she pointed out the still pungent odor that Frieda had left behind. He groaned a bit in annoyance and added to Eleanor's response "Yeah the person who's in charge of our instruments is the druggie, not us. If my drums are ever screwed up right before a concert because she's higher than the damn space needle..." He dragged off not finishing his statement. It's clear that Alex disapproved of faking happiness with plants when in reality he got the same feeling from doing what he loved the most. Playing the drums. Hopefully though Frieda would do her job correctly, and make his life a whole lot easier when he stepped out on stage, because honestly between that, #Hex, and a whole other problem he hadn't even touched upon yet, Alex would probably become a ticking time bomb by the end of the tour and who knows what'll set him off the deep end if that were to happen. 
Clio
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  cadet feels on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:34 pm

{ ava newton }
{ 20 years young }
{ bass guitarist/backup vocals }
{ co-lapse }
{ soundcheck with mason }
{ crush - open }
{ tagged - mason }

Ava peeked up at Mason's face, her hazel eyes slanted with a hint of curiosity shining through them. When he apologized for letting her name slip his mind, the smirk on her pink lips disappeared and she looked away. "Its okay. Its a simple name, but most tend to forget it" That was sort of a lie, but Ava didn't really care. She wasn't going to lecture the boy about something he probably isn't that interested in. The short brunette began drumming her fingers idly against her thighs, creating a silent beat with the tips of her fingers while walking beside the tall singer.

However, when Mason brought up the topic of 'band drama', her interest reached its pique and her signature confident smile returned in a matter of seconds. The young bassist wouldn't say there's any drama relationship wise, but there's been some tense areas involving some of the 'fans'. She didn't really want to get into it. "Relationships? No, not that I know of. But I did hear something about this #Hex thing." Ava laughed, a smug expression glued to her face. "I think they're cute, although I wouldn't say anything more. I haven't really spoken to either them, or been close enough to observe how they act with each other." Ava removed her fingers from her thigh and let them reside in her back pockets, the urge to speak still strong and mighty. "Speaking of relationships~" Her nose wrinkled in slight disgust and she took a big step forwards - watching Mason pick up his guitar. It was a gorgeous instrument, but she refrained from saying anything.

"I've had my fair share of douche bags in the past. the ones that look like they're nice tend to be the biggest ones of them all. They're the real plot twists in a relationship" She waved a hand around in the air and continued to list off reasons why she ended the tie between them. "All they wanted was to get inside my pants. First, they'd wheel me in with compliments and this whole
"Im nice and just your type!" kind of thing."
Ava moved her hands to the bracelets covering her wrists and played with them for a bit, thinking of what she was going to say next, not feeling the need to go deep into the topic. "But long story short, I've dumped a few cold glasses of water on some boys heads back then. They were all jerks, so it was satisfying." She paused, then let a fake grin stain her lips and narrowed her eyes just the slightest. "I may be a flirty girl, but the "dirty comments" they made were purely disgusting."

After a little bit of silence, Ava quickly realized she'd been rambling for the past 5 minutes. Her hazel eyes glanced back up at Mason while a pit formed deep inside her stomach. "Oh, uh sorry about that-" She took a deep breath in and continued to play with her bracelets, just a little more anxiously now. "What about you? Have any Drama of you're own?" The little brunette wasn't referring to his band this time, but to himself. She was interested in hearing what he had to say while they were still on the relationship topic.
cadet feels
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  OldSouledHippie on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:45 pm

OldSouledHippie wrote:

Carolina gave a smile to Frieda. Frieda reminded her of most of the girls back in the 70s her dad and mom told her about. Always high as a kite. At the mention of the fans, Carolina smiled a little more, if at all possible. She was always set on making them happy instead of herself. She just shrugged off what Frieda had said about her making their day. It was honestly the other way around. She took in Frieda's look. Her makeup was exceptionally done, but she was definitely high as a kite. Did that really surprise the young guitarist? Not at all.

"I guess I did."

She almost laughed at Frieda questioning if she was ready. She was ready even when she wasn't on tour. She lived for live performances. It was intoxicating in a way to her because she got so caught up in the music that almost everything disappeared. It was something that she had caught on from both of her parents and their band mates.

"Am I ready? The question is, when am I not?"

Her attention was directed to the phone in her hand when Frieda asked about what was playing. She took her earphones out for a second to talk to the girl. She didn't talk much to Frieda, but she knew they had at least one thing in common.

"Sister Christian by Night Ranger."

What she found intriguing about the song was the fact that the drummer, Kelly Keagy, had sung the lead vocals on the song. It was rare to find drummers who could sing. Maybe Ringo Starr and her dad's drummer, Tico Torres, but that was all she could name at the top of her head besides Kelly.
OldSouledHippie
Training Target
Training Target

Back to top Go down

Post  SickSadWorld on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:04 am

Goldie wrote:
Dell. Co-Lapse Lead Singer. Single. 20.

It was Dell's turn to blush. She fished the slightly wrinkled bills out of her pocket and handed them to Isabella before she started speaking. "Thanks! That means a lot." She said with a grin. "It's always weird hearing people say that they're fans, especially back in my home town." Dell shrugged, her crooked smile still shining brightly as she collected the bagged shirts. "And the logo is really neat, huh? I personally like Passing Decade's a bit more." She said as she looked at the other band's name on several other t-shirts. A somewhat embarrassed smile made its way onto Dell's face and she looked around before leaning towards the other girl. "Do you mind if I sign something? It's a sort of superstition thing I do before a show.... It's kinda dumb." A blush hit her face again. This girl was going to think she was crazy.

I s a b e l l a

M e r c h G i r l

tagged ; Dell

Izzy took the notes and eagerly shoved them in her little bumbag, change and keys rattled as she swung it round and god knows what else was in there. When Dell thanked her, Izzy thought she was going to faint. Yes she had worked around bands pretty much her whole adult life, and yes most of them were her favourite bands but yet it never ceased her 'fan girl' esque behaviour when actually talking to one of the band members "Im a massive fan, I have to admit I only started listening to your music in the past couple of months, but im addicted to it" she stated happily as she folded out some more vests onto the table, her hands keeping themselves occupied so she didnt look like an awkward tree trunk.
Isabella looked over the merchandise she basically lived with and nodded in agreement "To be honest I dont think ive ever picked a favourite, i just love them all equally, like kids but with more mess and chaos" she chuckled heartily, playing with the strap of her bag.

Her eyes then widened when Dell wanted to sign something, no words happened just vigorous nodding until she finally managed to boot herself into action "No..no!...That is a brilliant thing to do, im used to all your music lots superstitions, ive heard it all" she explained with a light shrug "You could sign a shirt or something and i could do a raffle for it? Bring in that little extra cash" she suggested excitedly, hands clasped together as she almost vibrated on her spot. More customers, more cash, bigger wage, happier Izzy.
SickSadWorld
Warrior
Warrior

http://cup-of-rojo-tea.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  the dreamer; on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:44 am

----------
"Oh I know. I hate it when someone doesn't take care of my drums properly" she said and huffed. Her drums meant a lot to her and she hated when they weren't handled with care. She realized she was probably being just weird, considering that they were just drums. But there not just drums.  It was true. Drumming had cause so much bad events in her life, but they also caused just as many good ones. For example, she got to go on tour. Something she thought would never happen. Lilith never really thought she was good enough for something like this. But she had managed to prove herself wrong. However, going on tour cause a couple of problems. An example would be her father. Her father disapproved of her drumming since day one. He didn't believe she could actually do it. He had always wanted her to take after the family business and do something more serious then making a racket in the garage. However, Lilith never listened. She often wondered if she stuck to drumming to disobey her dad. Whatever the reason, she didn't regret doing it. And she defiantly didn't regret going on tour. No matter how much her dad hated her for it.
   After a minute though, she shook her head, cleared her mind, and turned back to look at them. "I didn't know the person who handled our instruments was a druggie" she said and furrowed her eyebrows. "But what do I know. No one tells me anything" she said and bit the inside of her cheek. It was true, she really knew nothing. All her life, it seemed that people were always guarding her or protecting her, and she hoped that would change once she went on tour. It really didn't. "But it probably doesn't help that I don't talk about others much" she said truthfully. She shifted in her chair and drew her legs up so she sat criss-crossed.
   "Anyways, my names Lilith" she said introducing herself. She wasn't sure if they knew who she was, but she didn't care that much. "And your Alex" she said and turned to face the boy. He happened to be a drummer too, and he was good. "Your an amazing drummer" she said and grinned. She then turned to face the girl. "And your Eleanor. Your make up is flawless" she complimented. Lilith herself didn't wear much make up, but she knew a good make up artist when she saw one. She learned to appreciate what girls like Eleanor did. Though she herself tried to stay as far away from make up as she could.
   "Sorry if I interrupted something" she said then looked from one to the other. "I was uh" she said and let the sentence hang in the air before completing it. "Playing a game" She said and bit the inside of her cheek again. She realized that what she said wasn't the best excuse for interrupting them, but it was the truth, and she didn't want to lie to them. Lilith hated nothing more then being lied to. It made her feel horrible and she couldn't understand why people would do it. Though one thing Lilith hate about herself is that she forgave too easily. She knew that if someone had managed to lie to her and break her heart, but came back apologizing, she would most likely jump back into the persons arms. It was something she really hated about herself, and she knew she needed to learn to stay mad at someone, but most times she couldn't help it. She guessed that's why she had her heart broken so many times.
the dreamer;
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:40 am

||♬Ryder West♬ || ||Age~ Twenty one|| ||Position~ Drummer || ||Tagged~Razzdess ||  ||Feeling~ Calm, rational ||Location~ Stadium||_________________________________________

Wires were run through the young man, up his shoulders and down to his face. Razzdess skillfully wound the pieces of plastic on Ryder, making it inconspicuous and unnoticeable to the eye. He felt a but like a robot, with all of the wires and electricity wound about him. Memories of comic book characters, those like Storm or Electro, always came to mind when he was strapped up like this. Finally, Razzdess seemed finished with her craft. Her responses were getting short, making conversation difficult for Ryder to make. At this point, he just complied with what she told him to do. "Uhh, testing?" he unconfidently announced, his reluctance to speak booming about the room. He never knew exactly what to say when his voice was amplified; most did the classic "testing, testing, 1,2,3," saying, while others just spoke normally. Ryder had reverted to the old, almost proverbial saying, as he had no clue what else to say.

He turned back to Razzdess and smiled sheepishly, glad that his speaking with the microphone was over. He lowered it away from his face, so their conversation wouldn't blast the eardrums of those surrounding them. At this thought, even more were filing in for the soundcheck that had begun almost twenty minutes ago. Mason and Ada entered, speaking with each other, while Marceline rushed in, with a small guitar tech struggling to keep up with the guitarists' quick gait. The whole band was almost here; the only one missing was Hollister, the bassist. Anxious to return to his friend, yet not wanting to leave while Razzdess was preforming important duties. Ryder leaned into his drum seat, mindlessly knocking the cymbals around. He wanted to practice, to make sure his injured arm wouldn't give him any trouble. He'd popped in some painkillers a few minutes ago, and so far they seemed to be working. However, they still hadn't been tested with the high-energy movement that was required in drumming. With any luck, they'd work and eliminate the burning pain that he experienced whenever he played longer than thirty minutes.

"So yeah, I think it works," he chuckled as his fingers taped over the drumheads, freshly changed by Frieda. For such a druggie, she did her job pretty well. As Mason and Ava continued talking, Ryder threw up a hand in greeting, but knew better than to leave Razzdess. After the brief greeting to his friend, Mason, he stayed put as they continued to go over the important, nitty-gritty sound components.

||❈ Skylar Woods ❈ ||  ||Age~ 18|| ||Position~ Guitar tech ||Tagged~ Marceline|| ||Feeling~ Nervous|| ||Location~ Outside||_________________________________________

Marceline assured Skyalr that carrying the instrument was no problems, making Skylar drop the subject completely. Still, she felt foolish that she couldn't even carry the guitar that she was supposed to do, couldn't even preform her job correctly. Marceline's Irish accent rushed out as she passionately retorted that she could run around the stage for an hour, with a guitar in hand. "Yeah, that's true. Sorry, I-," Skylar broke off as Marceline had already trotted up, making a considerable amount of distance between them. The carefree girl ran around, playing inaudible notes and goofing off, while Skylar watched from afar. Marceline didn't stop and wait for her, leaving Skylar to assume that the other girl had either forgotten about her, or just wanted to break from her presence. It didn't really bother Skylar much; she knew Marceline had other things to do and more enjoyable people to hang around. With as much speed as she could muster, Skylar sped up to the door, and entered the stage arena.

Big was an understatement. It was a massive arena, the walls stretching infinitely, the seats just extending farther and farther, into oblivion. The mere sight took Skylar's breath away for a brief moment, her pale eyes moving around the room in awe. She'd never been in a room so huge in her entire life, and the shock was now just registering. "This is incredible," she murmured to herself, still not quite over the shock. She rarely had ever left the house before she'd taken this job, and so far it had not failed to disappoint. Even in her first day touring with the band, she was seeing sights that she never had laid her eyes upon. As soon as her eyes bathed in the details of the room, she made her way forward. Most of the band had already gathered, and were congregating on the stage. However, the young girl knew her place, and veered away from the members. If they needed her, she'd speak, but she new better than to walk up and expect a conversation.

The guitars on the stand called to her attention, and she made haste to get to them. Skylar started on the first one, a red Stratocaster electric guitar. It was a good, reliable guitar, used mainly in the louder songs for more volume and power. Her hands quickly turned the pegs up and down as necessary, her ears listening carefully for any tune differences. Just to make sure she'd tuned correctly, Skylar grabbed a nearby tuner and stuck it on the neck. As her fingers glided across the strings, the tuner registered them all as perfectly in tune, causing Skylar to feel somewhat proud. She began to play some scales, in order to ensure that it was perfect. The notes of the D Major scale rung out amplified and pure, a strong affirmation that she'd correctly tuned the guitar. Carefully placing the Stratocaster down upon the stand, she mad her way to the next one. The process continued, until the bright girl had quickly and almost effortlessly tuned the three guitars that were sitting upon the stand. Mason's guitar still remained to be checked on, but the timid girl was unsure of barging in on his conversation. As time passed, though, she knew she needed to make time to check out his guitar. With slow and unconfident footstep,s the shy girl silently made her way over to where the stars were congregating.

She's walked up right as Ava had asked Mason about drama. Maybe this was the wrong and awkward time to come by? Now that she was here, though, she knew that she needed to speak up. With reddening cheeks, Skylar mumbled,"Is your guitar alright Mason?" Her eyes dipped down to the floor again, her old habit reoccurring in the time of shyness. Hopefully this moment would be cut short with a quick answer; she just wanted to get back to work.

☮ Frieda Knight ☮ || ||Age~ 20||   ||Position~ Drum tech|| Tagged~ Carolina ||Feeling~ High, bored, curious|| ||Location~ Outside    ||_________________________________________

At last, there was one fucking person that didn't seem to disapprove of Frieda's drug use. During her two interactions with other tour members, both of them seemed to be frustrated and annoyed that Frieda was high. Carolina just gave her a smile, though, and not a patronizing or mocking one. Just a friendly smile was all, and it was a damn relief. Her smile grew even wider once Frieda mentioned the fans. Carolina's response to that had been short and humble, but Frieda could tell that Carolina had loved talking to them. "Yeah, you totally did. I swear, they almost shit themselves," the drum tech continued to innocently babble, the curse words that she used so often rolling off her tongue. The hippie-like girl leaned against a nearby crate, an empty one that once contained all of the equipment, a crate that would be reloaded once the show was over. That was a task that she did not want to be involved with, Frieda thought with a slight eye-roll.

She answered Frieda's question with a little rhetoric one of her own. Overall, the guitarist sounded eager to go, and excited for the show. It was nice to see someone with confidence for a change, after Frieda had been surrounded with the rest that just seemed concerned on berating her drug use and free-spirit. "Haha, that's true. I can't wait to see you guys kick ass up there, you really are great," Frieda complimented with a small smile as she felt the positive vibes of her drug soar in. She usually didn't give compliments too often, but when she did, she really meant it. Frieda had gotten familiar with all of the bands recently, and so far she loved all of them. Passing Decade were great, as she liked how they were vocally driven by a female. It was nice, seeing female representation in bands, as females in the rock business were often quite rare.

The song was identified as Sister christian as Carolina checked her phone. "Oh yeah, Sister Christian! Nice song, I love it. It's pretty cool that Keagy can sing and play the drums. Unlike Ryder, I don't think he does anything more than backup," she smirked in thought of the Mock Soldier drummer. They were usually on even terms, but Frieda liked to talk about him sometimes, as they'd had a small rivalry in grade school. The high girl giggled in the memories of the small, scrawny Ryder, the quiet, yet cool-seeking little nerd that Ryder was, and still currently is. "Sorry, just remembering shit from grade school," she apologized, the gigglyness fully enhanced by her pot. "Did you know I went to school with Ryder and Mason? It was weird, but I guess we were okay friends, or acquaintances I guess. Were you homeschooled?" Frieda questioned, suddenly interested in the daughter of a famous musician. Time seemed to stretch endlessly, thanks to the marijuana that filled her life with trouble.

Atlas
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  OldSouledHippie on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:20 am

Carolina leaned against the fence, sighing as she took off her father's hat for a slight second to move some hair out of her face, only to replace it atop the golden curls. The comment about the fans nearly wetting themselves made her laugh. She knew that they had been pretty excited, but that excited? It just made her laugh. She didn't really see herself as a "celebrity." She only saw herself as a musician who loved to make people sing, dance, and make them happy. It was the media who brought that kind of attention to her. Carolina's face grew a little red from the comment about her band being good.

"Thanks! We'll do our best, which shouldn't be too hard. Everybody's really talented."

Carolina listened as Frieda recalled her high school days. Did Carolina remember hers even though she just graduated last year? Not particularly. She didn't remember ever really making memories to last a lifetime. Yeah, she went to the occasional party, but other than that, she was too focused on her career to be social.

"Depended, really. If I wasn't on the road, no. If I was, yes. It was dizzying kinda going back and forth. You don't really make friends like that. My only friends were my "cousins.""

She put air quotations around cousins. She knew they weren't her real cousins. Of course not. They weren't blood related. The only ones that were blood related were her mom's siblings' kids. Other than that, it was by the band. It was true that in a band, the kids usually called the band mates "aunt" or "uncle." It was just something that caught on. That's how close her mom and dad were to their band mates. She loved squashing the stereotypes about celebrities' kids. There were a lot of things people didn't understand.
OldSouledHippie
Training Target
Training Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldie on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Dell Dayna Halton. Co-Lapse Lead Singer. 20. Single.
Dell grinned. "That sounds great!" She said excitedly. The young singer looked around at the various merchandise, trying to figure out what would be easiest for Izzy to sell, although it would most likely be easy to raffle off a signed piece of clothing no matter what it was. "Well, since I bought a t-shirt how 'bout I sign one? People would probably be more willing to try and win a shirt that they can wear and show off than a pair of socks or something that no one would see." Dell paused for a moment after the last sentence. "You probably don't even sell socks anyways." She said with a laugh that was more like a snort as she pictured pairs of white tube socks with band logos instead of stripes at the top. As Dell looked around at the various shirt sizes she brushed her red hair out of her face and glanced at her watch. "Crap! I better go round up everyone to get ready for the sound check. Got  marker on you by chance?" She asked as her brown eyes widened just a bit; She didn't want to be late for the first concert's sound check.

Razzdess Ryley Rixx. Sound Technician. 24. Single.
Razz looked up as the band entered. She took a deep breath and cleared her throat. "Okay guys, listen up!" She said, her voice twanging sweetly. "Once I get you guys hooked up and the mics turned on I'll let you guys play a song on your instruments, if the techs have said it's okay, and I'll adjust the sound levels as needed. It should only take about fifteen minutes." She leaned her weight back on one hip and pointed to the fold out table holding all of the other headsets. "If you all would stand over there we can get this show on the road." She smiled and walked over to her little table to start hooking up microphones.

Ethan Jay Hamilton. Tour Manager. 26. Single.
Ethan walked around between buses and trailers with a clipboard in hand and a walkie-talkie on his hip. He adjusted the faded FSU baseball cap on his head, his light blond hair poking up in odd angles thanks to the hat hair, before tugging the hat back on. He mumbled to himself as he checked off the instruments that had been inspected by the various techs. He looked up at the sky, his deep blue eyes squinting at the sun for a moment before he looked back down at his watch. Ethan looked back up and arched an eyebrow as he scanned the area in front of him. People were moving, working, getting ready for the show later that day. He made a mental note to speak with Hale about where to place fire exstinguishers incase something went wrong.

this is the head set mic I'm talking about, just to help with the visual ;3
Goldie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirk Strider on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:40 am

Idrian Ampora | Guitar / Backup Vocals | 21 |tagged; Hale Novak

Idrian hummed at Hales assertion that the fireworks would get better with time " I find it had to believe theres much room for improvement, but I'll trust the expert I suppose." They said, still watching the screen.  At Hales question about the fans, they paused, tilting their head and running some quick calculations.

"30,000 seats in the venue, 95% sold, lets assume last minute door purchases or hand outs for the worst seats, then how many people wont come for whatever reason, or will leave before we hit the stage, roughly 25,000 give or take a few hundred" They reeled off almost automatically before blushing. "Sorry. Old habit" They explained. Unexpected crowds had always thrown them, but they found that knowing how many people could be expected to attend helped cut their nerves for some reason. They knew that Hale was likely avoidng pushing, and they found themselves unexpectedly grateful. Huh. Perhaps the tour was effecting Idrian more than they thought.

They latched onto his question about the catering table eagerly, attempting to smooth over their previous nerd out. "I don't know if they have it done yet, but I suppose if worst comes to worst I could give you some of my super secret snack stash" They said,rising to their feet and offering him a hand up.  

(( Note- The XFINITY Theatre seats 30,000. With well known bands playing and some number fudging on my part, its likely that 25,000 would attend
Dirk Strider
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top